Sanford has been an authorized The International Baccalaureate® (IB) Middle Years Programme (MYP) since 2014. Through MYP, we provide academically rigorous instruction in all classes and supportive systems to help all students reach success.
This MYP framework is
- broad, balanced, conceptual and connected to the real world in authentic ways;
- and project-based throughout our whole school.
Students take courses in the 8 core subject areas of the MYP: language and literature (ELA), individuals and societies (Social Studies), mathematics, sciences, physical and health education, language acquisition (Ojibwe, Spanish or English Learner services), arts (Visual Art, Drama & Band), and design (Media or PLTW Engineering).
To support our students in being successful in the MYP Programme, we offer a trauma-informed equitable approach to support services. AVID is another school-wide program... School-based and Citywide Special Education programs.
- For more information about the AVID program at Sanford, click AVID on the sidebar to the right.
- For more information about International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programme (IB-MYP) at Sanford, click MYP on the sidebar to the right.
- For more information about our middle school model components, click Teams or Advisory on the sidebar to the right.