Sanford became an authorized IB World School in July, 2015.
We believe that the IB Middle Years Programme provides an excellent education for all students. You can expect that the MYP:
• Addresses holistically students’ intellectual, social, emotional and physical well-being;
• Provides students opportunities to develop the knowledge, attitudes and skills they need in order to manage complexity and take responsible action for the future;
• Ensures breadth and depth of understanding through study in eight subject groups;
• Requires the study of at least two languages to support students in understanding their own cultures and those of others;
• Empowers students to participate in service with the community;
• Helps to prepare students for further education, the workplace and a lifetime of learning.
The 8 subject areas all students study are:
Language & Literature (English)
Language Acquisition (Arabic, Ojibwe and/or Spanish; ELL)
Individuals & Societies (Social Studies)
Arts (Band, Choir, Drama or Visual Art)
Design (Computer Coding, PLTW Design & Modeling, PLTW Automation & Robotics, PLTW Environmental Architecture)
3524 42nd Avenue S Minneapolis, MN 55406
Telephone: 612.668.4900 | Fax: 612.668.4910